Established in 1994, the Durham Landlord Association(DLA) was organized to provide a voice in matters of property management, representation in matters dealing with local government officials and other associated resources for successful landlord operations.
Membership is comprised of owners of residential apartment rental, off-campus housing, multi- unit managers and owners as well as Durham commercial real estate managers and owners near the University of New Hampshire (UNH). The DLA is dedicated to improving the professional skills of its members and to promote safe living conditions and quality housing for its tenants.
All Member Shall:
1) Act fairly and reasonably in our dealings with apartment rental tenants and treat them with honesty, professionalism and dignity.
2) Strive to provide tenants with safe, clean, functional off-campus apartment housing and to comply with all safety related codes.
3) Stringently practice fair off-campus apartment housing policies as provided by law (Federal, State and Local).
4) Respond promptly to tenant requests for service and assistance.
5) Strive to keep informed of, and to abide by applicable laws and regulations.
6) Maintain our off-campus apartment properties in a way that is responsible to the surrounding Durham and UNH shared communities, and encourage tenants to do the same.
7) Make every effort to maintain our properties so they contribute positively to the neighborhoods in which they are located.
8 ) Act fairly in all matters regarding security deposits: make only those deductions which are fair and reasonable, and return security deposits as promptly as possible.
9) Work to serve the community in which we live and do business.